Tuesday, April 24, 2012

#3 Because exercise helps combat depression

Photo by: morgan cain

According to Web MD:

Regular exercise has been proven to help:

  • Reduce stress
  • Ward off anxiety and feelings of depression
  • Boost self-esteem
  • Improve sleep

 

This is one of my favorite motivators for working out regularly.  When I don't work out regularly, I have less motivation to do other things that interest me.  I'm more likely to sit in front of the tv, eat, or think about things that bother me.  When I work out regularly, my mind tends to work on problems without so much worrying.   I can focus and cope with things that are otherwise overwhelming.

 
When I was struggling with some really painful personal issues, I decided it was time to pour myself into my workouts.  The sessions helped me relax.  Sometimes I found resolutions to my problems, but other times, I was just able to escape issues in a healthy and productive way.  It's such a gift to do something that makes me feel better.

 
When I talk to people about working out, they sometimes feel that the programs I work would be too much for them.  I have friends who are older, heavier, or in poor health who just don't know where to start.  There are also people who have very full lives.  Adding in a workout that lasts an hour or longer just doensn't work for them.  Thankfully, not everybody has to do an "extreme" workout in order to start getting healthy.

 
My favorite motivational trainer is Tony Horton!  He's fun, he doesn't yell at me, and he makes me laugh.  One of the programs that Tony has on Beachbody is the 10-minute trainer.  These short workouts will help you get results without a huge time commitment. 

 

 

 

Here's some more info on the 10-Minute Trainer:

  • Get into amazing shape in as little as 10 minutes a day! 10-Minute Trainer was made for people who are “too busy to exercise.”
  • Build muscle and shed pounds in no time with super-concentrated workouts—and lose fat even faster with the 10-Minute Meals plan, free with the program.

How 10-Minute Trainer works

  • Instead of working one muscle group at a time, Tony Horton’s breakthrough Super Stacking™ Technique conditions your body, head to toe, in minutes.
    Follow the free nutrition plan, with lots of quick, simple-to-prepare, delicious meals, and see results even faster.

10-Minute Trainer is for

  • Busy people who don’t have a lot of time for fitness.
  • Anyone who needs extra motivation—Tony Horton keeps you motivated, and even people who dislike exercise can get through these brief workouts.
  • Everyone from beginners to frequent exercisers who want a quick workout on an especially busy day or while they’re traveling.
  • People who want an exercise program without a lot of equipment.

 

  • What’s included in the Base Kit:
  •  

    • 5 Workouts
    • Workout Calendar
    • Rapid Results Guidebook
    • Resistance Band Kit
    • Cardio Belt

     

  • 3 FREE Bonus Gifts:
  •  

    • Abs workout—Uncover your 6-pack fast
    • 2-Day Jump Start program
    • On-the-Go Workout Cards

     

  • What’s included in the Deluxe Upgrade Kit:
  •  

    • 3 extra 10-Minute Trainer workouts
    • 6 P90X ONE on ONE® workouts

     

  • Plus:
  •  

    • Accelerated Results Calendar

    Check out the 10 minute trainer using the link above or contact me, your beachbody coach,

    Crys Wallace

    No comments:

    Post a Comment