Saturday, April 28, 2012

#8 Because it burns more calories than not working out

Photo By rellim jan Miller

When we're trying to get fit, we'll do any number of things to lose weight and change the shape of our bodies.  We'll try fad diets, pills, exercises, tread mills, just eating less, cutting out sugar or fat, shakes, etc.  Some people are driven while others are reluctantly making changes because they're no longer happy with the way that they feel in their skin.  I've known very large people who were happy in their skin.  I've known athletic people who aren't happy and continue to strive for some sort of perfection.  It's interesting to me, not only because I've had my own struggles with weight and body image throughout my life, but also because we're here to encourage each other. 

When a friend says that they're getting a little too much junk in the trunk, our first response is often that they're beautiful.  This is true to me when I say it.  I don't feel what they're feeling.  I just know that when I look at my friend, I see my beautiful friend. 

On the other hand, when somebody makes a grand effort to improve their body, I find it an inspiration as well.  I'm encouraged in my own battle between what is right or wrong with my own body in my own mind.  I'm not usually the first person to say "Have you lost weight?" but I'll often say, "You look really great!"  If they care to share, then I like to learn what is working for them. 

More often than any other answer, people have decided to get up, start walking, and become less sedentary.  That's the only start that really matters.  You finally get moving and you're instantly burning more calories than you were before.  You can go from sitting and burning about 75 calories per hour to walking and burning at least twice that (even at a slow pace). 

Here's a fun Calories Burned Chart.

Time to get moving...

Crys

No comments:

Post a Comment