Friday, May 4, 2012

#13 - Because you want to feel good in your clothes

Photo By Dance Photographer - Brendan Lally Brendan

I believe people can be any size that they feel happy and healthy being.  I've known larger people that live in their skin more fully than dozens of skinny ones who hate their bodies.  Thick, thin, muscular, lean, fat, beautiful beautiful beautiful.  All that matters is how you feel in your skin and what makes you feel alive. 

That said, this reason was one of the first motivating factors for my getting off the couch and trying P90X last year.  I like buying clothes, but I really do not like replacing items that no longer fit with larger clothes.  It's one of those things that tells me that I'm not taking good care of my body. 

For me personally, I was getting more and more unhappy in my body.  Things were starting to hurt, and my clothing was getting tighter.  Now, I'm fascinated by my body changes.  I've never lost weight through working out.  In the past I found a diet and lost mass, but never have I watched my body shrink while my muscles became leaner and slightly more pronounced.  

We're on phase 2 of P90X2 right now.  I hear that Phase 3 will bring the most obvious changes.  I'm so looking forward to seeing additional changes.  I want to see abs on this body.  I want to know what it's like to be "in shape," and I'm willing to work for it. 

Crys

No comments:

Post a Comment